Shakopee, MN asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Nebraska

Q: My mother lived in Colorado Springs I live in Nebraska and my brother lives in Oregon I am the oldest child my mom did

Have a will in which I was named as executor. The will went missing however I have many relatives that witnessed what the will said and named me as executor my brother has taken possession of all of my mom's money and will not give me the 50% my mom had written as her wishes for her 2 children have 50% what are my rights

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: You may need to retain a probate attorney to assist you in having the estate divided with the assistance of the Court. Generally you need to retain an attorney where the deceased last lived.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.