Grand Forks, ND asked in Child Custody and Child Support for North Dakota

Q: Does a father have as much custody as the mom without going to court yet? In ND.

The mother wont let the father see his daughter. The mother moved to a different town farther from him and she is denying him his rights to see her. No court order has been made yet but she hasnt talked to him since July and she ignores every message she sends him. She also has him blocked on social media so he cant even see pictures of her without asking friends of hers to send him some. She didnt even tell him that she had moved he has no idea where they are.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
  • St. Louis Park, MN
  • Licensed in North Dakota

A: Without a court order, neither has many rights (if any) at all. Time to file a custody proceeding.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.