Houston, TX asked in Personal Injury and Civil Litigation for Texas

Q: Can I make someone give me the 911 dispatch records and make the defendant give me the video tapes from there recording.

I have a case in the court and my trail is set the case involved Metro. Transit. They have not given the video tapes up and Harris co. Tells me there is no 911 record but I have the call number for the accident to the EMS service and the fire

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Texas attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. If a defendant or third party will not provide tapes, as a general matter in virtually all jurisdictions, an option is to subpoena such evidence. However, if your case made it to the trial calendar, that would suggest considerable time has elapsed since the accident involving this evidence occurred. That might mean the video data has been recorded over, as some systems do not retain footage indefinitely. But if it's relevant to your case, it could be worth a try exploring this avenue. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.