Tacoma, WA asked in Domestic Violence for Washington

Q: 15 years ago I was a first time offender charge with simple battery 16-5-23. I was given a program to take and I did not

Serve no time. My disposition states no further action anticipated restrict. Can I obtain a conceal license?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jason Powers
Jason Powers pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Mt Vernon, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: It looks as though the offense was out of Georgia? I advise you to speak to an attorney who is licensed to practice in the state of your offense. The answer would depend on what type of battery (assault) If you were convicted in Washington. If the charge included Domestic Violence or was a felony, you would need to restore your right to possess firearms. This only applies if the charge was from Washington and you live here. Since the charge seems to be out of another state, then I suggest you speak to an attorney from there.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.