Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Kentucky

Q: Please tell me if I am still entitled to visitation after losing permanent custody of my child?

Permanent custody of my daughter was awarded to her father's brother 9/15/20. I am being denied visitation with my child. As her mother am I not entitled to visitation?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joshua Burke Johnson
Joshua Burke Johnson

A: You may be entitled to visitation depending on the reason for losing custody. You will want to start with reading the judgment giving your brother in law custody to see if it gives you visitation, if not you may need to ask an attorney for help seeking visitation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.