San Antonio, TX asked in Family Law and Child Support for Alabama

Q: My arrears is paid off, how do I stop the payments from coming out? What forms do I fill out ?

I made contact with the child support office in Shelby County, AL the office say I need to fill out a petition, she tells me CS-47, 'Petition for Termination upon Payment of Arrears' is that the petition I'm suppose to fill out. I just want some straight answers, so I can stop any over payments of child support.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sheila Crumley Field
Sheila Crumley Field
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Go to and look for form CS-37 which is the form Petition for Termination After Payment of Arrears. That’s the form

You need to fill out and file with the clerks office to stop the withholding. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.