San Antonio, TX asked in Child Support for Alabama

Q: How does filling out form CS 47, Child Support Information Sheet going to stop my arrears?

I was told to by the DHR rep to fill out the form CS-47,Child Support Information Sheet,saying they need information on both parties to stop the arrears and I need to write up a petition explaining what I want modified. It's the petition done by the courts/Lawyers ? Looking at this form CS-37 requires a lawyers info?? This shouldn't be so difficult. I just want my arrears stopped to avoid any over payments, I'm retired military on a fixed income.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sheila Crumley Field
Sheila Crumley Field
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: They need CS-47 just to file it. Then CS-37 is actually what needs to accompany it. And you won’t need a lawyer for either of those forms. Where it says attorney put the words “pro se” in that area. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.