Asheville, NC asked in Family Law and Juvenile Law for North Carolina

Q: Hiwhat to do when the older sibling(21) has decided to pickup/keep the younger one(14) without my knowledge or consent?

I do have a Dss history my children were in custody at a foster home for 3 years I regained custody of the younger child 10/2017 however the older child aged out in foster care In June of 2017!. I have been sober since 7/7/2016. The minor is a transgender male and I have some nothing but be accepting and supportive of his decision, he’s not abused, nor neglected but is disrespectful and spoiled of course that is my fault.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda Bowden Johnson
Amanda Bowden Johnson pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: If you have custody, it is likely kidnapping - call local law enforcement and have the older sibling arrested. If law enforcement refuses to assist by calling it a 'civil matter' you will need to retain an attorney. Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.