Newport Beach, CA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Texas

Q: MY girlfriend's parents wont let me see my daughter. Is their anyways i can force them to let me see my daughter more?

ME and the mother of my daughter are still together but its just that her parents don't like me and so they try to limit the time i have with my daughter even though i pay and have been paying for everything, both, the mother and the baby has needed.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ty Czapla
Ty Czapla
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Tyler, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Yes you need to file a custody suit (called a SAPCR). This is a law suit and will end with an order signed by a judge designating custody rights (like child support amounts, visitation periods, who gets what holidays etc). If your girlfriend or her parents violate this order, they could go to jail.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.