Milford, MA asked in Criminal Law, Estate Planning, Real Estate Law and Probate for Massachusetts

Q: "Will" probated in 2017 norfolk county MA. Wife terminated their estate lawyer to stealing/hiding funds. What to do?

Eldest child 30 yr long criminal h/o not involved in family started coming around. Slowly manipulated mother english only spoken reading minimal. Began causing conflict against the youngest. Identity theft other crime reason father clear to keep eldest away knew she would steal money if gained access Manipulated mother to steal ~400 grand to purchase eldest house under fraudulent reality trust using diff name w/ aid of 2 lawyers 1 is eldests boss. 6 mnths after passing eldest able to convince mother to terminate original family lawyer lots of money started going missing. Youngest Noticed behavior of others suspicious random personal bank accts opened but the original revocable trust act only has $10. When caught they used bribery/threats to not report them didnt wrk now turned physical.Police no help! What to do? No money cut off to prevent hiring lawyer just want father will wishes followed Clear if you steals or challenge his will removal forfeit all rights. wife says all her money

1 Lawyer Answer
Steven J. Fromm
Steven J. Fromm
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Philadelphia, PA

A: If you do not have a statute of limitations problem since this case goes back to 2017, you must immediately retain an estate litigation attorney. A general legal Q&A forum like this one cannot give you the help you need.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.