Newark, NJ asked in Constitutional Law for New York

Q: How do I invade a house in Puerto Rico?

My father passed away and I became one of the inheritors of the house but the other inheritors and I haven't totally abandoned I try my best to work with my brothers and sisters the other inheritors and his wife no one wants to budge so now I'm thinking about invading putting the property under my husband's name what do you think about the situation thank you for your help??????

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: I'm sorry for the loss of your father. In terms of seeking out attorneys who could assist you, this isn't really a constitutional law matter. You need to reach out to attorneys in the Probate and Estate Planning sections, or you could repost under those sections. Speak with an attorney who handles wills and estates and they should be able to assess the situation. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.