Asked in Immigration Law

Q: How can I immigrate to the USA from Japan even if I am currently a long term resident here?

I am planning to immigrate to the US via the EB3 Visa program, then sponsor my Japanese wife.

Aside from the USCIS and Travel Gov sites what documents should I get that is not listed(if ever)?

And how can I find a US company that hires potential EB3 visa applicants when the program resumes in the future?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Roy Klein
Robert Roy Klein
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Newport Beach, CA

A: The docs listed on USCIS are the docs that they'll need. You can also search the web for other websites that list docs to submit. However, if you're coming to the US on an EB3 or even an H1B, the employer would be the one responsible for filing the petition.

I would begin looking for Japanese owned companies and look in Japanese communities. They would be more open to bringing in immigrants, particularly ones who speak Japanese. Also, you could look in another community for any other language that you speak. It would probably be a lot easier if you came to the US first, such as on an H1B.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.