Summerville, SC asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida

Q: I am separated from my wife

I am separated from my wife she walked out on me and my 11 year old son and 21 year old step son about 3 weeks ago since then she had moved in with 2 guys into a hotel part of the Arian brotherhood they came over to my house set me up had me arrested now I have a no contact order where I can’t contact my wife or go back to my house and my kids are with her in a dangerous situation with those guys my wife leaves them home alone from 9 am till 12am everyday since I been in jail and out I am staying now temporarily in South Carolina for my safety anyways social services is now investigating my wife for neglect and she told me ( The case worker) I can get my kids anytime I want too I just have to have someone pick them up so my question is if I pick them up can I bring them to South Carolina with me for there safety till my court date or the investigation is over with social services? The no contact order is only for my wife I can see and talk to my kids I made sure of that already

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If I understand your question correctly, you want to know if you can remove your son (your 21 year-old step-son is an adult) from the state while you are being charged with some crime involving the Arian Brotherhood guys and your wife in the hotel. Yes, you can unless some condition of release provides otherwise.

How your wife told you that you could pick them up without your violating the no-contact order is an open question.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.