Atlanta, GA asked in Child Support for Alabama

Q: Can you file for child support if you aready did and didnt go thru wirh it? Can i file for child support again?

Me and father were trying to work on things but it seems he has went a-wall and now i cant get him to answer me. He has left me wirh no money a car that needs fixed and i have no job with raising 3 kids but 2 are his. I have no babysitter in the worst time right now and no way to get to a job.. My family cant do much to help me right now. His family dont really know me cause he keeps me from knowing them. I just.. I dont knkw what to do and im freaking out on what to do! Please help me if you can

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sheila Crumley Field
Sheila Crumley Field
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Go to the local DHR. They will be able to file for child support. But in the interim, they will also be able to provide you with aide to dependent children until he gets served. They can also help with housing and also food stamps. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.