Sparks, NV asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Nevada

Q: im looking for an attorney who does CPS cases, either pro bono or fairly cheap i work but i dont make a lot of money,

I work 40 hrs a week plus, i am going to school full time and my child was taken from my husband and i on july 2nd of this year due to dental decay, which has since been fixed. i need some help please my public defender is never in her office and i dont feel comfortable with my case worker i have done everything they have asked of me yet i keep getting the runaround. i have a stable home, a stable job of which i just got my benefits and i have medicaid which ive always had for my daughter. they are asking me to do psych evaluations and go thru extensive drug programs, which i do not have a drug problem. i have tested clean for them every single week sometimes twice and each time is clean. i there anyone who is willing to please help me and my husband, who also works sesonally so he is not working right now. i would love and greatly appreciate any kind of help or someone who would be willing to please take our case. again i dont have very much money at all......

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: I'm sorry to hear you're in this difficult situation. Continuing to comply with the court ordered evaluations and screenings are definitely in your best interest and can only help your case. My suggestion is to look into Legal Aid Services in your area as they may be able to help out or point you in the right direction.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.