Lake City, FL asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for Florida

Q: After 30 days of being on hold from another county what is the process of inmate being release if it was vop

My brother violated with a misdemeanor traffic charge it’s his first vop and Columbia county gave the crime time served only problem is dec 4 will be his 30th day lock up without them coming to get him what would be the process of having him released or who could I talk to about him being released around that time or would he be put in front of a judge

1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Blecher
Jonathan Blecher
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Miami, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You should retain an attorney to seek a bond on the probation matter, or release on recognizance, with the judge and prosecutor on the probation case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.