Tulsa, OK asked in Child Custody for Oklahoma

Q: can my babys dad take my child away from me? hes not on birth cert. and he was 17 and i was 12 when got me pregnant

and he does provide for baby but does not get to see her offten because i have no control on when he can come see her im a minor and dont have my own place its all up to my guardian

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Boeheim
Brian Boeheim
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: This is a much more complex question than can be answered in this format. The part of the answer is that he would have to file for paternity in order to invoke any parental rights. Considering the fact that he is guilty of a crime based on your age difference and the sexual nature of your relationship, I would be hard pressed to think a judge would rule in favor of him getting full custody. As for your guardian, that is another matter all together. You should reach directly out to an attorney to see what you rights are under the circumstances, because they are vey fact dependent.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.