Asked in Child Custody for Florida

Q: 16 yr old girl wants to transfer custody herself from her mother to a cousin. Mom thinks she has 2 chips in her head.

She thinks neuro link put a chip in her head to help her with her physical disability.she says the chip is not just a medical device but she also has the A1 part thats she didn't sign up for. She says its was a trial. She didn't eat for a month and drank water . She dropped over 100 lbs. She thinks people from zoom. Came through her phone and put in the 2nd chip. My question is how do I get my mom help when she thinks she's OK and she's not? I want my cousin im staying to take over custody. How do I do that?? Any help I can get is greatly appreciated. My mom won't let me talk to my cousin or go or do anything with her.she also says every time I ask to do something she sends me to my room. She takes my phone all the time and I don't feel safe!! My mom has hit me before.. DCF came to my cousins house and asked questions and looked in the house. But have not heard from them.. I need to get away from my mom its affecting my mental health.. Please help.. thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If DCF went to your cousin's house, they may already be working on it, but to be sure you should talk to your cousin about contacting DCF to make the change of custody happen.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.