Hazard, KY asked in Social Security for Kentucky

Q: can i apply for my daughters ssi? she has been diagnosed since birth.

we don't know if she will ever walk. she needs continuous therepy

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Kenneth Prigmore
Kenneth Prigmore

A: If she is still a minor, you can apply for her and collect the benefits to spend on her. If she is an adult, you can still help her apply, but SSA will decide who receives the benefits to pay for her needs. SSA will help you and your daughter get it all figured out.

Scott F Bocchio
Scott F Bocchio pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Good morning. Yes, you can apply on her behalf and if she is found favorable the proceeds can be used on her. Scott Bocchio, Legal Rights Advocates 855-254-7841

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.