Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kentucky Social Security Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Kentucky on
Q: I'm 59 on a ss disability my girlfriend is 69 with ss if we get married would it mess things up?
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Feb 6, 2021

Unless their is a major advantage to you getting married (and I can’t imagine what it would be at your age), I wouldn’t consider getting married. Why screw up the rest of your life?

2 Answers | Asked in Social Security for Kentucky on
Q: can i apply for my daughters ssi? she has been diagnosed since birth.

we don't know if she will ever walk. she needs continuous therepy

Kenneth Prigmore
Kenneth Prigmore answered on Dec 4, 2020

If she is still a minor, you can apply for her and collect the benefits to spend on her. If she is an adult, you can still help her apply, but SSA will decide who receives the benefits to pay for her needs. SSA will help you and your daughter get it all figured out.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Social Security for Kentucky on
Q: What happens to your bills when you get arrested
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Aug 25, 2020

It would be best for a Kentucky attorney to advise, but your post remains open for four weeks. As a general matter, bills unfortunately remain due. If you could consult with the attorney representing you, they should be able to offer guidance on what measures need to be taken. Good luck... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Kentucky on
Q: Can SSI be garnished for Child support arrears?

Hi, Im a social worker I have a client who we have moved from homelessness to housing through our program. She has many medical issues and is in recovery from substance use, as well. She was recently awarded SSI and has a high child support arrears. Family court in her county is asserting that all... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Nov 13, 2019

They cannot seize or garnish her ss for child support or anything else. In fact, you may be able to get ss to pay for the children from the time she applied for ss up though their emancipation. I would have her start paying a small amount towards the arrearage each week to show good faith, but no... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Divorce and Social Security for Kentucky on
Q: I have a vehicle registered /titled/insured in my name only. My wife took it and my key and won't return it what do I do

She has no drivers license and she has someone else driving her around in it. Is there a way to get my car back? Is it legal for her to do that? We are getting a divorce are currently separated and there is an epo against me. She has also stolen my social security check before I could get to it... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Apr 28, 2018

Apply for a lost title for the car. Then take the title with the vin number and your I’d to the dealership and have them make you a new key. Then go repossess or hire someone to repossess your car. Also make sure that you are not violating the dvo or any family court orders before you do so.

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Social Security for Kentucky on
Q: I had bone Fusion on 1st metatarsal bone now it's nonunion haven't been able too work for 13 months

I was asking if I could get approved for ssdi

Robert Edward Blau
Robert Edward Blau answered on Jan 27, 2018

This is a medical question. I’d go see another specialist. Need A medical opinion that there was a violation of the standard of care. I would be glad to help. Please contact me

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Tax Law and Social Security for Kentucky on
Q: Can the IRS levy your SSI? I only recieve 735.00 a month & they took my whole 100.00 savings leaving my acct with zero.

I just found out the IRS took my 100.00 savings out of US BANK listed as a tax levy and it left me with only 56.00 dollars to live on for the rest of the month. I only get a total of 735.00 a month for SSI and now if they are taking money out of that i will not be able to even survive as i barely... Read more »

Matthew M Montoya
Matthew M Montoya answered on Feb 11, 2017

Contact a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic in your area. You can run a search by going to the Taxpayer Advocate Service website.

If your situation is accurate, the clinic should be able to help you.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Kentucky on
Q: I need to know if I'm eligible for my late husbands social Security benefits upon my retirement.We were just married1yr

He was married before

Camlinh Nguyen Rogers
Camlinh Nguyen Rogers answered on Jun 21, 2015

You can locate free answers by calling the number listed on Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Kentucky on
Q: Where can I find a pro bono lawyer for SSD benefits in or near Paris KY

Just moved to North Middleton KY from upstate NY last week. My boyfriend has no income and has tried for SSD in NY and kept being denied. We would like to find a pro bono lawyer to handle his claim and get him his benefits as the only income we have is my SSD benefits; thus we cannot afford to hire... Read more »

Justin Lee Lawrence
Justin Lee Lawrence answered on Nov 3, 2014

Social Security Disability cases are handled by contingency fee only, so you never have to worry about paying as you go. Fees are 25% of the back due disability award up to $6,000.00. If you are intent on finding an attorney that doesn't get paid at all, my best guess is that you can go to... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Social Security for Kentucky on
Q: hello i am 39 yrs old have severe degenerative disk disease lumbar (cane prescribed) p.t.s.d left leg is metal ,c.o.pd

i take klonopin,prozac,nuerontin,muscle relaxers 3 times a day and breating treatments 4 times a day..volteran for arthritus...seriquil at bedtime should i b eligeble for ssd benefits and what are my chances at the reconsideration level??

Jerry Lutkenhaus
Jerry Lutkenhaus answered on Sep 17, 2014

At 39 years of age you probably will have to go to the third step which is a hearing before a judge. You will need to show you cannot do easy sit down work by medical evidence.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Kentucky on
Q: My arthritis is crippling me but I still work. How do I apply for SSDI?

I have arthritis. In the last four years, it has affected my ability to move, walk, and lift. I am still working as a store clerk, but the disease is spreading. How do I file and receive SSDI in a timely manner without giving up my only source of income? I have no one who can support me. Thank you... Read more »

Lewis B. Insler
Lewis B. Insler answered on Mar 31, 2011

I don't know what your source of income is; but if you are an employee, you cannot keep working and have a pending claim at the same time; unless you earn under $1000/month. Alternatively, you could stop work, file your claim and then return to work at your regular level; as long as it is for... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.