Natchitoches, LA asked in Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Louisiana

Q: I’m 17 years old, I’m 3 months from being 18. Am I allowed to move out without parents consent.

No additional information.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
J. Heath Dillon
J. Heath Dillon
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Leesville, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: No, you are still considered a minor by law. You can jump out into the world and all of its accompanying responsibilities as an adult once you are 18. Until then, you could consult with a family law attorney to discuss emancipation, but that process would likely take you through your 18th birthday. Hang in there and never underestimate the importance of family ties.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.