Logan, OH asked in Juvenile Law for Ohio

Q: What can happen if i run away 2 months before my 18th birthday

I'm 17 and will be 18 in 2 months. I cant stand my mom anymore she grounded me for seeing my boyfriend and is homophobic im a male and dating a Male. I live in Logan Ohio and my mom has cameras all over the house. She also tracks my phone and one of the cameras are in my room. I don't fell comfortable in this situation at all. I asked to take them down and she said no. What can happen if i run away? I will runaway to my boyfriends depending on the consequence his mom already gave permission she whould let me stay.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: That is an unfortunate situation for you, but running away is not a good plan. Talk to a school counselor, teacher, or other trusted adult.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.