Coshocton, OH asked in Traffic Tickets and Small Claims for Ohio

Q: What can I do about an illegal tow/scrapping of my car?...

My boyfriend used my vehicle to move some things from a house we were moving out of. The owner called the police said we were stealing the items. my boyfriend was pulled over, the impounded the car and when we called to get my car out of impound they said that it had a holder on it threw the officer/court and couldn’t be released until the officer/court lifted the hold when the case was over. my boyfriend ended up beating the case, the officer he went to go lift the holder and they had already scrapped my Jeep it was gone. But how when there was a holder in it ? And when the prosecutor was informed he said ‘get a lawyer and sue me’ and that was the end of it... what do I do ????

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: As the prosecutor said, you must get a lawyer and sue, although the government might have some immunity from having to pay you. Use the Find a Lawyer tab to retain a local litigation attorney who can advise you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.