Sartell, MN asked in Employment Law for Minnesota

Q: Work comp continuing to pay me lost wages told them I’m back to work multiple times. What do I do?

I was working through a temp company and got hurt which led to me having surgery. I am now at a new job and was receiving comp for lost wages for a few days. I have contacted the work comp company several times telling them I’m back to work and they keep sending me checks. I have had two examiners and nobody will listen to me. What do I do? How is it my fault if I give them the right info over and over.

Edited to add I only needed to be off of work for about a week for surgery. I informed the company repeatedly and continue to do so. They just keep sending generic emails stating another check was cut as if I am still off of work. I cannot afford an attorney and shouldn’t have to just to get this company to be competent.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paul Lelii
Paul Lelii
  • Bloomington, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: Hello Sir. A worker's compensation claim that is valid is one reason they keep paying you. Sorry for your injuries. You should contact an attorney who specializes in workers' compensation. My guess is you may receive a settlement for the case. I would not cash the checks or be prepared to return the money if that turns out to be necessary. Hope your recovery is speedy.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.