Cedar Rapids, IA asked in Child Custody, Family Law, Communications Law and Juvenile Law for Oklahoma

Q: i’m 16 and my mom always calls me a problem child. i’m drained trying to b perfect. we disagree on a lot and have a lot

before but i always think we’re past it and she’s very passive aggressive and harps on my relationship constantly and it’s really driving me away from her. i’ve been wanting to move out for a long time now but i’m not sure how to go about leaving. i have a place i can stay but no job yet and no liscense until february. someone is already willing to take care of me. i’m safe i’m just not comfortable being home. i just need to know if there’s a way i can go about leaving without being considered a runaway. i know 100% she will not give me permission to leave but she threatened to send me two hours away to live with my aunt who i do not get along with and she knows that. my dads dead and she threatened my little sister with her dad i’m sure if he was here she’d be doing the same to me. i live in oklahoma i’m tired of always crying and she says i’m trying to manipulate her because i’m very emotional. and i think i could have slight depression but idk. i just need help. fast.

1 Lawyer Answer
Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Until you are 18 your mother makes the rules. You only get one mother so you should show her the ultimate level of respect.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.