Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oklahoma Communications Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Family Law, Communications Law and Juvenile Law for Oklahoma on
Q: i’m 16 and my mom always calls me a problem child. i’m drained trying to b perfect. we disagree on a lot and have a lot

before but i always think we’re past it and she’s very passive aggressive and harps on my relationship constantly and it’s really driving me away from her. i’ve been wanting to move out for a long time now but i’m not sure how to go about leaving. i have a place i can stay but no job yet... Read more »

Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden answered on Dec 12, 2020

Until you are 18 your mother makes the rules. You only get one mother so you should show her the ultimate level of respect.

Q: While I was in a relationship we shared a computer,separate profiles & passwords. Is the info. on my profile protected?

While dating I made an account on my boyfriend’s Mac computer. After the breakup he went into my profile to get my iMessages. Once inside my profile (on his computer), without my permission. he found sexual fantasy text messages and is threatening to send them to my parents or destroy my chances... Read more »

Robert Donald Gifford II
Robert Donald Gifford II answered on Apr 7, 2018

It is not, however you should contact the other party to advise they have no consent to access your private accounts. You should also seek to protect those accounts. Should those accounts be accessed, it can constitute an illegal “hacking,” and you should file a police report immediately.

1 Answer | Asked in Small Claims, Divorce, Civil Rights and Communications Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Is it invasion of privacy if my mother in law read every text I have ever sent off my phone. And took screenshots to use

Against me for our upcoming court date, I am trying to get a protection order against my husband. And she used a key stroke memorization program to read everything i have ever sent off my phone withought my consent.

Richard Winblad
Richard Winblad answered on Apr 2, 2018

Hope this helps, there is probably also a federal statute:

Oklahoma Statutes Citationized

Title 21. Crimes and Punishments

Chapter 70 - Other Offenses Against Property Rights

Oklahoma Computer Crimes Act

Section 1953 - Unlawful Acts - Penalties

Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Civil Rights and Communications Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I’m 16 and want to move to a town an hour away, could I do that without parental consent?

I have a job and I am a freshman in highschool but my mom is on drugs and my dad isn’t in the picture and my grandma is mentally abusive bad, but I have a really great friend (he’s 18, has 2 jobs and has a car) that I could be roommates with. I also have a lot of family in that town and I would... Read more »

Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden answered on Mar 21, 2018

You need permission of your parents or legal guardian.

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Employment Law and Communications Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Can a company publish my article in their yearly publication after firing me, without crediting me or permission?

I was employed by a destination marketing organization. I was terminated because I believe they wanted to hire someone who required a much lower salary, but they blamed performance. I did not underperform, in fact, much of what I accomplished there is still benefiting them. For example, I wrote an... Read more »

Will Blackton
Will Blackton answered on Feb 22, 2017

I'm only going to address the portion of your question relating to copyright law, that is: can your former employer legally publish your article without crediting you? Yes, almost certainly.

This is known as "work for hire." In the case of a work made for hire, copyright law...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law and Employment Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Is my father in legal trouble or does he have a case?

My father recently left his job to pursue his own business as a contract welder. The main reason was because Fed Ex asked him to go independent because they didnt like going through my father's employer to get my dad to come work on their docks. Now, since he has gone independent, his ex... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Sep 24, 2015

I don't believe your father has anything to complain about. He created and used the account on company time. Thus the company is entitled to the e-mails. Your father really should have deleted the account before he left the company. But, any way, if they weren't able to access the... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.