Dublin, CA asked in Wrongful Death for California

Q: What to do when I think my mothers death was wrong?

My mother had heart failure problems, and history of passing out. She coded one time at a store and they revived her it was a miracle, on July 27th it happened again at home and this time the paramedics got there and didn't want to touch her cause they assumed it was covid that made her faint but she tested negative. They felt her faint pulse and wanted to code it, my brother was giving chest compressions cause they where not. My mother died that night. When the first time she coded they asked her if something like that where to happen again if she wanted them to continue to revive her and she said yes please try as much and as long as you can to bring me back. When it happened they didn't try to revive her.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm very sorry for the loss of your mother. This is something that a California attorney could advise best on, but you await a response for four weeks. At this point, you could reach out to attorneys who handle such cases - if a law firm felt that that your family could have the basis for a case, they could request the records and review in detail with medical professionals. This is a very fact-intensive matter and would require thorough investigation beyond the scope of this board's brief format. Most firms that handle such cases are likely to offer you a free initial consult and these days, most consults are accomplished over the phone or through virtual meeting platforms. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.