Dallas, TX asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Texas

Q: What do we need in order to involve a 3rd person to not communicate with my step daughters mother any longer?

My husband and I have tried our best to co parent with my stepdaughter’s mother. It is impossible to try to parent with her..we disagree on many things and she always wants to act like the superior parent. She always wants things her way and there’s Is no way we can talk to her about parenting my stepdaughter. We try to ignore many unnecessary comments that have nothing to do with the benefit of the child but we are so tired of not being able to co parent with her. Everytime we try to speak with her over any matter that has to do with the child she always closes us out. Is there any way we can involve a 3rd person into this?

1 Lawyer Answer
Jane M. Gekhman
Jane M. Gekhman
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: A parenting facilitator can help resolve issues regarding the child. I have seen parenting facilitators help in very high conflict cases/situations. However, parenting facilitators can be expensive as well for both parties.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.