San Antonio, TX asked in Family Law for Texas

Q: If our daughter and son-in-law don't let us see our grandchildren because they were reported to CPS and I am blamed for

He has hit our 14 year old grandson twice. CPS made an appointment to go investigate but didn't question the kids alone and they are very afraid of both parents. Do we as grandparents have any rights to see them? He is on disability and has his own business and other property from which he collects rent money, but he has everything under his sister and I think my daughters name. She is a nurse and from what I have heard they both do ddrugs. I just want to be able to see our grandchildren at least once a month.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John J. Pfister Jr.
John J. Pfister Jr.
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: In order to force visitation over the parents objections, you are going to have to show that the biological parents are "unfit". Its a very difficult burden. If CPS were to remove the children because the parents do drugs, then CPS may place the child with you. Unfortunately, Texas law isn't favorable to grandparent rights.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.