Fayetteville, NC asked in Personal Injury for North Carolina

Q: I was hit walking down the road by an oncoming vehicle on the 11th of this month and disagree with the report

The officer that who wrote the report was the same officer that I had a conflict within a past case in 2012 there was nothing kind said to one another and I think that this had something to do with the report being written the way that it was , I don't think it was fair! I have talked to an attorney that called me back and once they had seen this report, they didn't even want to answer any of my questions to help me or spend any more time to give me advice!

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

A: Under the law you have the right to request the police officer change or amend the police report, for clarity. Perhaps another attorney can offer additional guidance after viewing the police report.

A: Often police reports are not admissible at trial. I frequently see police reports that are just plain wrong. I wouldn't worry too much if the report says something you don't like. You're free to call different attorneys if you don't like what the first attorney said.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.