Q: I don't feel satisfied with my report. I dont feel like I'm receiving help at all. Help?

After making countless reports of harassment due to my ethnicity, witnessing them harass other coworkers. Submitting and complaining with no answers, follow ups, and/or replies. I don't feel like my issues are being followed up. I witness in the past of the middle-man, of my contract, not helping when i needed help before. I requested to be moved into another Hub due to not feeling safe at all in my Hub and I'm not receiving help. I had to miss work twice due to this. I pretty much had enough of this issue but dont know who to turn to anymore as i tried everyone i could in this site. Get a lawyer? Or go to EEOC and charge for harassment and a toxic work environment as it continues to affect my mental health and work.

1 Lawyer Answer
Carrie Dyer
Carrie Dyer
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Columbus, OH

A: To whom did you make the initial complaints? If you have not done so already, you should put your complaints of harassments due to your ethnicity in writing to the Human Resources department. If you have already done so, you should request, in writing, a follow-up on the investigation into your complaints. If you still do not receive a response and your work environment has not changed, then you could file a Charge of Discrimination with the EEOC. You can do that yourself on the EEOC's website, or you can contact an employment law attorney in your area for assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.