Houston, TX asked in Divorce and Family Law for Texas

Q: If I have someone that knows the date of marriage was falsified on my marriage license what can I do. I left my husband.

I know the date was falsified. My grandfather was the preacher but he passed away 4 years ago.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Hamilton Rodgers
Michael Hamilton Rodgers
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: What is the problem with having an incorrect date of marriage on your license? Were you too young? What do you want to do? If you've left your husband and there's no reasonable expectation that you will get back together, sue him for divorce. If you think your marriage might be void or "voidable", you might be able to get an annulment of the marriage. Since you don't say what you're trying to get done, I can't give a more specific answer. What do you want to do is the question? You definitely will need to speak with a lawyer, who can probably answer your question at a free consultation. Look for a lawyer that practices family law. Ask around, they're everywhere.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.