Prestonsburg, KY asked in Real Estate Law for Kentucky

Q: Inheritance

Hello my grandmother left a deed stating that her property was to go to my fathers heir. When my dad died his brother seized the bank account and property providing a faulty deed that stated my father was my grandmothers widow the person that supposedly prepared the document was disbarred. Is there any way i can get my inheritance

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery

A: Initially hire a competent attorney to search the title. He should also determine heirship and record an Affidavit of Heirship as the owner's source of title. Legal interpretation of Grandmother's Deed will be in order, and it may not create the estate you believe, which is probably to Father, then his Heirs At Law took. A Quiet Title Action may be needed. The Bank may be liable for negligence if the Brother was not an authorized signatory. SOL's will apply here, so hire a competent attorney now.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.