Woodbridge, NJ asked in Consumer Law, Contracts and Municipal Law for New Jersey

Q: The trade in dealership failed to turn in my plates resulting in my drivers license being suspended

Resulted in my driver's license being suspended, not being able to drive, the new car not being able to be driven, and DMV wanting to fill out forms with process times of 7-10 business days, plus cost of restoration plus daily suspension fees.

1 Lawyer Answer
Morris Leo Greb
Morris Leo Greb
  • Rockaway, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You have an excellent cause of action to file a civil action against the dealership to recover any damages you nhave sustained. Further, you may wish to file a criminal complaint also. However, when demanding payment for damages do not threaten filing a criminal complaint if the dealership refuses payment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.