Phoenix, AZ asked in Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury for Arizona

Q: Hello, my father had a hernia malpractice case going which was near to the end of reaching settlement. He passed away

Recently and my mother could not find any information about this case as it was through email and we can’t get access to his phone. Is there a way to figure out who was on this case? Thankyou!!!

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm sorry for the loss of your father. An Arizona attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. As a GENERAL matter in any jurisdiction, you might try checking the local court systems to see if they have any online records (if the matter had been placed into suit). If your father's estate involves an executor, maybe they could offer guidance in terms of email account access. You could try contacting the State Bar of Arizona to ask if they could offer guidance in terms of suggestions or resources that might be helpful. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.