Amarillo, TX asked in Car Accidents for Texas

Q: Hello, my granddaughter wrecked a car that was in her granddad's name, she was supposed to keep INS on it but did not.

then she got into a wreck that was her fault she rear ended a car, no one was hurt. Now my husband "her granddad" is being sued because the vehicle was in his name.

The Question is can we turn it around and put it on her since she was driving?

ALSO can we turn around and sue her and make her pay to get the car fixed and the other person's vehicle

Or what can we do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Teri A. Walter
Teri A. Walter
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Unless Grandfather has insurance that will cover this, it sounds like he may be on the hook to pay the damages. Can you sue granddaughter to recover? Sure, but collecting anything is unlikely.

I suggest grandfather take the car back immediately.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.