Milford, OH asked in Child Custody, Divorce, Family Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Kentucky

Q: My wife had a horrible break up with her ex husband, and was not there at a custody hearing due to her ex and her father

She was never served any kind of paperwork stating the father had full custody and the ex husband filed abandonment even though he lied to keep them longer and I feel her proceedings were not handled properly and that they judge and court over stepped their bounds how do we find the order or paperwork from this and if he really had custody or not? And what can I do to be sure my wife still sees her kids?

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Go to the courthouse where the case is filed snd order a complete copy of the file. Next, take the complete file to a family lawyer who can review the court order and tell you what has to be done to modify the prior order(s).

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.