Yukon, OK asked in Estate Planning, Probate and Wrongful Death for Oklahoma

Q: My dad died dec -8-2019 n i got a latter say my aunt is being special administration and wants me to sign a waiver my

It say i have execited a waiver of objection to appointment of special administrator and waiver will be filed contemporaneously herein what dose this mean

1 Lawyer Answer
David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: It appears that a probate case has been (or is about to be) filed to allow your father's estate to be handled through probate, and your aunt is requesting that the Court appoint her as Special Administrator (giving her certain powers under the law to act on behalf of the estate). It sounds like this request came as a surprise to you, so I recommend you speak to an attorney to discuss your options. You don't have to sign the waiver. Speak to an attorney if you have any reservation about signing it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.