Charlotte, NC asked in Family Law for North Carolina

Q: Yes, my mom has been real sick.there is 5 of us one is power of brother told me if i dont hand over

Bank card hes going to take me to mom told me to keep her bank card and pay her bills while she is in rehabilitation center and dont give it to no other family members.there is no power of attorney.can my brother take me to court to get bank card from me? They have accused me of taking my moms money and im not.they are mad cause i got my moms bank card.but my mom told me to take bank card and pay her bills and dont let the others have her money.what can i do? Can they take me to court?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda Bowden Johnson
Amanda Bowden Johnson pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: You should likely continued to follow your mother's instructions and pay her bills with the bank card and not give the bank card or any of her money to any other family members. They can go to court and attempt to be appointed as guardian but they can not take you to court in the sense of you getting into any sort of trouble. If you want you can consult with a local attorney and see about being appointed guardian yourself before they do. Best of luck.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.