Needham, MA asked in Military Law for Massachusetts

Q: Discharged from the army with a general discharge w/ honorable mentions for violating the curfew. Do I have a good case?

I was discharged with a general discharge with honorable mentions for violating the curfew overseas and want to get it changed. The curfew was changed to no curfew only a few months after I left base. I have no blemish marks since getting out of the army and would love to have this black mark on my military record changed to honorable.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
R. Davis Younts
R. Davis Younts
  • Military Law Lawyer
  • Lemoyne, PA

A: Good Morning,

Each service has a Discharge Review Board. To obtain an upgrade you have to apply and provide sufficient evidence to overcome the "presumption of administrative regularity" which is the standard the Board will apply in reviewing your case. You should consider speaking with an attorney with experience presenting cases to the Board. We have had several clients obtain relief.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.