Phoenix, AZ asked in Personal Injury and Products Liability for Arizona

Q: I was prescribed the nootropic Risperdal as a teenager and subsequently developed gynecomastia. Is it too late to sue?

I was told by an endocrinologist that the gynecomastia was likely caused the nootropic I was prescribed.

I really don’t care about the money, I just want to be able to afford the surgery so I can be comfortable in my own skin again.

Thanks for your help!

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Products Liability Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: It depends on the law of the state where you live. If you have a "discovery date" it can be extended. If you were under 18 when you took it, most states give you until you are 21.

I would contact the Arizona Trial Lawyers Assn and ask for attorneys who handle pharmaceutical prodcucts liabilty. They give free consults.

I know of a Risperdal lawyer here. If you call me (phone, toll free) I can discuss your case with him.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.