Seneca, SC asked in Criminal Law for South Carolina

Q: My husband was sentenced to 7 years for 2 counts Trafficking 10-28g Meth 1st offense. Will he be eligible for parole??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Edmond Bennett Lewis
Jonathan Edmond Bennett Lewis
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Columbia, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: Hello, thank you for the chance to answer your question.

Trafficking is a violent crime under SC Law. Under our sentencing scheme, your husband is eligible for parole after he serves 85% of his sentence. Based upon what you have stated here, he would be eligible for parole after 5 years and 11 months.

You can find the SCDC Calculator here:

We hope that this helps, and wish you the best.

Lewis Warr agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.