New Milford, CT asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut

Q: If someone gave me permission to use their debit card and now he canceled it could he press charges on me

He got a new card and recently gave me permission to use that one too and now he canceled that one to and says he gonna put me in jail he's given me his debit card number twice and allowed me to use it so basically it's his word against mine but I've been to the ATM with his card many times and he has paid bills for me too but now that we are not talking he want to press charges on me for using his card like I said I had the first one then he changed it and got a new one and then gave me that one too so how can he say I'm going to jail

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Maya
Joseph Maya
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Westport, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: I am sorry to hear about your situation. You will probably need to hire an attorney licensed to practice in Connecticut to properly address your legal issue. I wish you the best of luck in the resolution of your situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.