Saint Charles, IL asked in Divorce and Domestic Violence for Illinois

Q: Can my ex be responsible to pay for running up my legal fees due to violating the Order of Protection

My ex violated the OP by sending me a letter and now his lawyer is emailing and sent letter to my lawyer with crazy demands. It feels like to punish me for reporting the violation. They are expecting me to give my ex my banking info so he does not have to mail me support monthly. What they are asking is not even allowed by the bank. I can't afford the legal fees that are being incurred and feel my ex husband should be responsible for them since he was the one that created this mess due to his lack of self control. He sent me a demanding letter with my 2nd support payment; the 1st support payment he made out to my maiden name and I was not able to cash it at my bank. His lawyer and my lawyer are back and forth and I need help getting this under control and have him just mail the support like the MSA states without costing me more money. We were married 39 years and I am a caregiver to my special needs son and do not work. His lawyer and him know I have very limited resources

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Martin A. Delaney III
Martin A. Delaney III
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Rolling Meadows, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Please contact my office to set up a free 30-minute consultation with Mrs. Andrea Heckman.


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.