Glen Burnie, MD asked in Medical Malpractice for Maryland

Q: I had terrible complications after plastic surgery because of drug interaction.

Doctor was aware that I was taking the meds. Can I sue?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Maryland attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a month. I'm sorry for your ordeal. It would be difficult for any attorney to offer meaningful guidance here though, regardless of where they practice, based on the brief description. And even with additional information such as the drug taken, the interaction, permanency of damages, etc., those are things that attorneys are not qualified to render opinions on. An attorney would need to review your records with a medical professional to make a meaningful evaluation of your legal rights. As a starting point, you could reach out to med mal attorneys to discuss. Most law firms offer free initial consults on med mal cases, and these days, many are accommodating the COVID situation by offering videoconferencing. You could reach out to law firms, and if they felt you might have the basis for a case, they could request your medical file for review. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Laura G. Zois
Laura G. Zois pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Baltimore, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: If the doctor made a mistake in prescribing the drug, you would have a viable lawsuit. The question in all of these cases is what is the scope of the injury? It is hard to find a medical malpractice lawyer unless the damages are significant because of how time consuming these cases are to prepare and take to trial.

Tim Akpinar agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.