Oklahoma City, OK asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: Ive got a misdemeanor contributing to a minor was put on probation with just fine to pay.. im a yr behind on payments

In 2019 i was charged with a misdemeanor contributing to minor for one of my daughters friends stealing at a convenience store.. i was put on a year of prpbation with a monthly fine of $40 to the district attorney and than $40 a month to the judge so total of $80 month.. ive only paid once in that year.. went to court documents seen that the district attorney filed for prpbation revoking for not paying my fines so in which they filed for my probation to be revoked im not seeing a warrant issued for that just yet not sure if a judge has to say yes to it or if the attorney filed for it than its already granted... but my question is if i was to start paying on my fines now that im working once i pay it fully off would they cancel that prpbation violotion for non payment or what can happen n what do i do to get this fixed without having to serve prison time

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brian Boeheim
Brian Boeheim
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: It obviously depends on the judge. Generally, there will be a bench warrant issued based not he failure to pay the DA supervision. You don't have to be taken into custody for that, you can pay the bond with the court clerk. Most times if you confess to failing your probation, they will give you time to catch up on the payments and then withdraw and dismiss the application to revoke. You should hire an attorney to navigate this and make sure the DA does not try to make it more than that.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.