Citrus Heights, CA asked in Family Law for Nevada

Q: I have Covid court Oder say I have to send kids back to other parent will I get in trouble if I don’t ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: I always advise my clients to adhere to the court order as closely as possible to avoid punishment due to court order violations. Additionally, I always encourage my clients to communicate openly with the other party and to discuss matters such as these amicably, before resorting to court interference. If possible, I urge you to try to come to an agreement with the other parent in terms of how a COVID-19 positive family member should affect your court ordered custody agreement. The two of you may draft a temporary custody modification to file with the court to ensure no negative consequences occur as a result of deviating from the court ordered arrangement.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.