Washington, DC asked in Civil Litigation, Criminal Law and Libel & Slander for Florida

Q: Is it possible to pursue provable perjury charges on Florida Injunction and Small Claims cases?

An injunction was granted against me, small claims case was dismissed. In both cases blatant perjury was committed on both the complaints under oath and In testimony at the hearing. A different state employee is willing to testify to that fact in one area; the other claims are provable such as I hacked their computers and harassed a court clerk for information. Is it possible to ask for perjury charges to be pursued and if so, how?

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Pursuing perjury charges, like all other criminal charges, is totally up to law enforcement agencies and/or prosecutor's offices. Just as in the case of being a victim of a robbery or an assault, you as the victim of perjurious statements should contact the appropriate authorities, and make the best, most logical presentation of your proof that you can. I would suggest the felony intake office of the State Attorney's Office for the county where the incident occurred.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.