Asked in Family Law and Immigration Law for Hawaii

Q: My father abandoned me in India and is in usa for 15+ years and is a green card holder.what r my rights in usa?

he is not divorced with my mother.

has illegal marriages as well as children from two other women.

he does not support's us financially but is hawaii court claims that he is doing so.

I want to come to usa and get alimony for my mother .

what are our rights in hawaii ? how can we do this from India


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nareshwar Singh Virdi
Nareshwar Singh Virdi
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: This sounds like a complicated situation. Please call my office at 916-378-0259 for further information.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.