Dallas, TX asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: If a woman assaults my wife, what am I (a 22 year old male) allowed to do?

My wife (female, 22) almost got assaulted my a neighbor in our apartment complex, and I want to know what I can do in the future if the situation gets worse

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles Watts
Charles Watts
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Call the police and/or file a vpo - do NOT take anything into your own hands unless there is an imminent threat to life or limb and the police have not arrived (Anytime you take action yourself you are opening yourself up for very expensive litigation and potential criminal issues for yourself)

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.